My options for fixing the tears:
Wilfred's Tailor, 18 West 23rd Street, at Fifth Avenue, 4th floor
Meurice Garment Care, 245 East 57th Street (between 2nd and 3rd Ave)
Madame Paulette, 1255 Second Avenue (between 65th & 66th St)
212 838 - 6827
Remziye Perkin at Pinpoint Custom Tailoring, 229 East 84th Street (between 2nd and 3rd Ave)
BM's sister-in-law's relative?/friend?
Gotta check these out someday soon. I think I have to take a day off from work to trek to each place, show them the problems, ask for a quote, and compare. Hopefully they can beat the $550 that I was quoted at the sample sale.
Here are my possible solutions for the dress problems:
- tear on side: take in a little of the fabric (probably on both sides so that it's even)
- tear below the zipper: probably the same fix as outlined above
- horizontal tear around the butt-area: add some extra beading while sewing through the tear to disguise it (I think this will be the toughest one)
- hemming: easiest fix of all? -- happens all the time for short ppl
- nagging of mother about having wasted my money (yeah, show me the 2 dresses that you could've gotten for $400 each -- even David's Bridal wasn't that cheap): IGNORE