Wednesday, September 6, 2006

RIP pc275

I know it's a Chinese taboo to have any association of morbidity with a wedding (and that's why I couldn't go last Saturday), but I cannot, should not deny what's happened. It's the least I can do for my dear friend pc275. I know you would have wanted to be there for my wedding and I would really have wanted to see you there, to share with you my special moment and then to share with you yours (I know you would've been next!), so wherever you are I'll know you'll be there too.

I keep telling myself this is not how it was supposed to be, you were supposed to graduate, become a doctor, get married, have your 3.5 kids by the age of 30.... I see/read/do things and my instinct is to tell you about it but I pause and then realize that you're not here any longer to share with. I'm sorry for all that's happened in the past, thankful for the good times we shared, glad for all you've taught me. I hope you know that my life has never been the same since you befriended me 9 years ago and asked me to be your roommate. I may have been a total b* to you at times, and I'm sorry -- I hope you've forgiven me. You asked me many years ago, as college freshmen, if I'd have you as a bridesmaid (way before marriage was even in the picture). I should have asked you when I had the chance (I'm sorry for that too!). Is it too late to ask you "Will you be my honorary BM?"

Such a young life with so much potential, with so much left to do, I'm sorry you're not here. I think daily of you and I will do the same on my wedding day. Rest in peace....

No comments: